The first time I held Harrison was such a wonderful experience. I remember the nurses asking me if I wanted to hold him and I was so excited, then I thought about it and that excitement quickly turned into worry! This baby is only 3 lbs. and 13 oz! What if I hurt him? All those worries went away when he was close to me. Wow, what a spirit he had! I could feel it so strong and he seemed to know how to calm me when he was in my arms. I kangaroo'd him (skin to skin) for probably an hour and it was the best and most relaxing thing I had ever done. I could hardly hear a thing because his oxygen was turned up so high but that was fine with me. My baby was with me and that was all that mattered. I couldn't feed Harrison because of how premature he was and because he was on such a high flow of oxygen so I knew he and I would bond through holding and touch. We quickly did.
Nov. 10, 2013
I was once told that the NICU was the closest you could come to heaven aside from the temple. I strongly agree with that. All of those brand new spirits together in one area, it is truly amazing. Harrison's room in the NICU felt like a spiritual place. I loved being there and holding him. Logan was able to start holding Harrison after a few days and I remember the first time he did. I loved seeing my husband with his son. I'm so thankful for those sweet moments we were able to have in the NICU. Little Harrison is one of our treasures.
Nov. 18, 2013

No comments:
Post a Comment